Welcome back after the holidays. We are so happy to see the children and the sun again!
One of our highlights this week was our visit to the High School Science lab. A huge thank you to Ms Sara Walker for teaching us more about the physical and chemical changes that take place in different materials.
We were so excited, and when we returned to class we wrote about the experiment we enjoyed the most. Some of our responses were:
"I really liked the smell of the chocolate melting and wish I could taste it."
"The foam that exploded reminds me of a volcano."
"I couldn't wait to see the ice that melted, turning back into ice."
"The milk with colouring looked like a rainbow."
"I liked the shapes in the milk that the food colouring made."
"I did not know dishwashing liquid can be used in Science experiments."
"The glass cover in front of the flame made me feel safe."
"I was a little scared then happy when the foam jumped into the air."
"I felt like a real scientist when I dressed up."
Thank you again Ms Sara!
On Thursday we started decorating our class for Halloween celebrations, and thank you Ms Nora for helping us make the pumpkin faces. We love doing art!
The Students are amazing at sharing their passion for recycling and saving our earth. We have had many students share in class how they play a part in Reduce, Reuse, Refuse and Recycle. Here are only a few!
Sam discovered that termites are not always harmful. He told us that termites collect dead leaves and wood. By taking organic matter deep into the earth the termites help in nutrient recycling.
Max used an empty Coca-Cola bottle to plant seeds, and it has already started growing! He has also just completed a Non-Fiction book about the sequence of this recycling activity.
Charlotte took an old skipping-rope from her toy box, fixed it, and is now reusing it!
Thank you to Ms Angela (Hana's Mom) and Cheryl (Hana's Grandma) for helping us use our cooking skills in the kitchen. It was fun making something healthy on Halloween! As Ms Nora always tells us: "First the healthy then the fun food." And guess what our fun food was? A Halloween goody bag with yummy treats to take home at the end of the day. Thank you Ms Mel!! We will enjoy that very much!!!
Happy Halloween and Happy weekend everyone.
REMINDERS:
Please take a picture of your child's favourite reading spot and e-mail it to Ms Nora or Ms V. Thank you for all the lovely pictures that we have posted on our bulletin board. What interesting places we choose to read! :)



























No comments:
Post a Comment